Monday, January 16, 2012

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too....

Hello There!
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a rather lazy one, to tell the truth. I knitted a lot and watched lots of Psych... it was very nice. :) So, last week's project was to write a poem every day.... and.... I only wrote two. I KNOW I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON! But I'm also a terrible poet. You have no idea. So, instead of sharing my (terrible) poems with you, I will share with you one of my favorite Shel Silverstein poems. Drumroll please..............


(ahem)
Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too
Went for a ride in a flying shoe.
"Hooray!"
"What fun!"
"It's time we flew!"
Said Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

Ickle was captain, and Pickle was crew,
And Tickle served coffee and mulligan stew
As higher
And higher
And higher they flew,
Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too,
Over the sun and beyond the blue.
"Hold on!"
"Stay in!"
"I hope we do!"
Cried Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too
Never returned to the world they knew,
And nobody
Knows what's
Happened to
Dear Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

- Shel Silverstein

Isn't that a great poem? Sooooooo much better than I ever could have come up with. That is why I have no desire to be a poet when I grow up. Anyway, my poems aren't funny. So there you have it! A fantastical poem not written by me. :)

Now, my project this week is: knit a rainbow dishcloth (R, O, Y, G, B, P). I have knitted lots of dishcloths, but I've never done a rainbow one, and I look forward to it. I will definitely post pictures of it when it's finished!

Happy Poems!

Maddy


P.S.
If I were to do a tutorial on this blog, would you rather it be 1. How to make quick bread (a FANTASTIC recipe!) or, 2. How to crochet a flower dishcloth (like the one I made last week with my lighthouse one). Please comment and tell me, because I would love to do a tutorial :)

2 comments:

  1. That poem just made my day! :) And I would love to Have a tutorial about crocheting a flower dishcloth!!! I have tried multiple times to crochet a flower and it never turns out right. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that sounds grand! I was thinking I might do that one anyway, but I just wanted to make sure :)

    ReplyDelete