Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello there!!!

I hope everyone has had a great holiday. We have done so much that I hope I remember everything! Well, I'll start with Christmas, I suppose. :) My friends and I like to see each other open our presents (from one another), so we got together at my house and had a tiny Christmas party. We had dinner, opened presents, danced, spilled water ALL over (on accident), and of course, played Monopoly until 1:30 in the morning. It was craaaaazy. But definitely worth it, because I have the best two friends ever :)

Of course, that party wasn't actually on Christmas. For Christmas we drove all the long way to Seattle to stay with my Uncle Tom! It was so fun, I really love Seattle. We walked a verrrrrry long way, but it's so worth it when you get a perfect cappuccino or a delicious pastry to walk around with. It was a very relaxed, quiet holiday, and I loved it. :) Kyra also had the opportunity to take some really cool pictures of some other place than Bozeman, and they turned out very well.






It was just a very great trip! :)

After we got back, I stayed home for just one day and then left to stay with my friend and her family at a house in the mountains for New Years. I had a wonderful time with my friend, and I even got to learn how to play a new board game! I really like to play board games :). But the best part of the trip by far, is the sledding! This isn't just normal sledding, where you go on a hill with a little, gentle slope. Ohhhh no. This sledding is (as Cam says) black diamond sledding. It is the best. We even have to hike to get to one of the hills, which is really tiring when you're hiking through the snow dragging a sled. All of the hills get (at one point) steep enough for you to have to drag your feet to gain some control of where you go. It's so fun! Truly, though, I can't describe it. The house we stayed at is near Big Sky, so we got to watch the amazing New Year's fireworks from the village. It was a great holiday!

Now, lots of other things have happened, and one of those things is very large. My brother got a call from my Uncle Mike, offering him a job and a place to live down in Texas. And Shelby accepted! I'm very excited for him, but I'm going to miss him sooooo much. He leaves in just a couple of weeks. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful brother, and now he can go have a job he likes and he can go dirtbiking all year round!

Now, I have another little(ish) project. It's sort of my New Years resolution... Every week, for the year of 2012, I am going to choose a project off of a list that I made! 52 projects in all, and for the first week I chose this one: Try a new knitting or crochet pattern. I know, I know, not a very big project to start with, but I like trying new patterns. :) So every week I'm going to write in a little journal what my project is and how it turned out. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and to do a blog post every week!!! I'm very excited!!!!

I hope everyone had as good of a holiday as I did!

Happy 2012!

Maddy

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration! After making your 'chevron' quilt, I have been on a roll. Just finished your Papa's lap quilt that I started about 5-6 yrs ago. It is a mountain scene, the mountains are snow capped (had to applique that one), also has two deer on it. I call it "A little bit of Montana' for Papa. Anyway, it is officially 'finished' UFO (unfinished object! Also, am working on another UFO, a cathedral window quilt. My main objective this year, however, is to finish Mike and Alicia's quilt. It is probably the hardest quilt I have ever attemptd. Well, tks for the creative boost. You are wonderful and I love you so....Beebo

    ReplyDelete