Monday, October 22, 2012

Little Things

Hello there!

 Some days the best thing to do is just sit and read a book, or sip tea, or knit something. As I was writing in my journal this morning, I realized I have yet to do a blog post about the title of my little blog. That is, I haven't done a post about the little things. The little things like the ones I just listed, things that make you happy inside, that give you a strange little bit of peace just because something is familiar, or funny, or comfortable. So, here's a list of little things that make me happy, because it's nice to think about what you have already, the little blessings that we take for granted every day.

 1. Scarves, hats, mittens... Because sometimes all you need to cheer yourself up is to be warm and cozy.

 2. My new chair. It's the best thing in the world. Perfect size to curl up in a blanket or read a book or squeeze two people onto to watch a movie. Sometimes a favorite chair is all you need.

 3. A favorite outfit. Because, let's face it, everyone has one. Mine consists of a wonderful flannel shirt we found at a garage sale and my hand-me-down Big Star jeans that we found at a thrift store. Paired with a sweater and some fuzzy socks, or with the sleeves rolled up and my baseball cap, it's an outfit that I will wear any day.

 4. A favorite TV show. Because it's fun to curl up in a blanket and watch your favorite TV show with someone. It just is. I have a few favorites: Doctor Who (thanks to my cousin Ashley who got us hooked on it!), Psych (a hilarious show that I got my friend Kenzie to watch, now we are Psych-O's together!), Merlin (Kyra and I love this show. It's cheesy sometimes but is absolutely wonderful the rest of the time), Modern Family (just a hilarious show that we always watch as a family), and Sherlock (because who doesn't want a really well done modern version of Sherlock Holmes? Especially when it has Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman in it.)

 5. Warm beds..... I'd never get out of mine if I didn't have to.
Yes, my bed is in my closet. It's very cozy.

  There are a lot more things in that list, but that would be a really very long post. I'd love to know everyone else's little blessings, though. What are some of your favorite little things?

 Onto other things, I suppose. Last night was my sister's birthday :) She turned 17. She made a superb cake (chocolate beet cake, I believe the recipe is from Joy the Baker), and got some presents, and went on a chilly little autumn photography walk with me. For her present I knitted her some fingerless gloves from my issue of Knitscene (our favorite knitting magazine). She loved them, reminding me once again of why I love giving presents :) I also gave her an extremely geeky card, which only a Doctor Who fan would understand.
Click here to see her blog post about it, along with pictures that are much better than any that I might have taken- as I've said, I'm not the photographer. She is.

 I'm also quite curious, would anyone like me to put up a recipe? Because I have lots and lots of delicious recipes I'd love to share, such as an easy quick bread, or some delicious cookies, or really whatever. Maybe I'll look through my recipes and find some options for you :)

 Well, that's all for now! I hope everyone enjoys comfy chairs and blankets and fuzzy socks as much as I do, I'll be found in my room watching Doctor Who soon, probably, because as I type this it is snowing outside.... quite a lot! Yay! I love snow :)

Happy.... whatever it is you will be doing this week!


Maddy

1 comment:

  1. Such a delightful post!!! You are just a lovely human being. :)

    ReplyDelete