Friday, May 4, 2012

A Super Cute Easy Pattern!

Hey there! Happy May!

So, today I'm actually sort of busy, since I'm having an amazing tea party later with my friends! But I decided I would squeeze in a quick post. :) I'm having a tea party because I was in Texas for my birthday so my friends didn't get to celebrate it with me. It's going to be sooo much fun, we have lovely tea cups and mis-matched saucers and a cake that I am just DYING to eat. We will also have the very traditional cucumber sandwiches and scones. AND (yes, there is more) I get to wear my adorable new dress from Forever 21! It's fantastic. The weather has finally decided to be nice too, a sort of miracle considering how the weather has been the past few days, so we can all go ride our cruiser bikes outside. In our tea party dresses. Heck yeah.

So, in case you couldn't tell, I'm excited.

Well, as the title of this post suggests, I wanted to share with you a really easy knitted dishcloth pattern. It's not even a pattern, really, because it's so simple. It's a perfect project for a beginner knitter.

So, pretty much what you do is you buy some yarn (cotton dishcloth yarn), I suggest Sugar 'n' Cream or Peaches 'n' Cream yarn, you can find both at Wal-Mart or Joann's or Michaels. Using size 7 or 8 needles (depending on how you knit. Some people knit very tightly, some loosely), cast on 35 stitches. I've gotten this number from lots of trial and error, and have found that it's a good size when you are finished. Then work in garter stitch (knit every row) until it is the length you want it to be. Cast off. Weave in ends. You are done. Seriously, it's that easy. If you want a bit of a fancier one, you could make a whole one in seed stitch (on an odd number of stitches, knit, purl, knit, purl every row. Always start and end with a knit stitch.). Sometimes if you mess up on seed stitch you end up with ribbing, but that's not too bad of a thing to happen. :)

I have made lots of these, and I'm happy to say that by now I can knit them without looking, all because of muscle memory. It makes it a good project to do when you are watching a movie or something. Here are a couple of my favorite ones:

This one was kind of fun to make, I got to experiment with carrying the colors up the side of the dishcloth. I like how it turned out!

This is one I am making for my mom. It's seed stitch with a little section of stockinette stitch. It's very lovely yarn that my mom picked out. :)



I REALLY like this one. It's actually part of the "One project per week for one year" thing I did. We all know how THAT worked out. Anywho, it's a lovely rainbow of fantastical colors! I even like how the back of it turned out.

This is one I am working on right now, as with the black and white one, I am practicing carrying the extra colors up the side of the dishcloth. I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

These dishcloths aren't knitted, but I just thought I'd show them to you. It's from a very easy pattern and I just love how many colors you can make it in! I might even do a tutorial someday about how to make them... :)

So, as you can see, it's very easy to end up with a bunch of these cute things, and they are, as the title says, super cute and easy. There are seriously hundreds of free dishcloth patterns out there, so go look!

I'll have a post up soon about my tea party!

Happy May and Happy Knitting!

Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment