Thursday, November 10, 2011

Believe me when I say I've wanted to do a blog post since the first day of September. For some reason, I just don't know what to say sometimes :) Oh well, now I'm doing a post, so who cares? Besides, I'm really good at procrastinating :) Let's see... what has happened in my blogging absence? Well, I visited my wonderful family in Nebraska, baked LOTS of cookies, re-read the whole Harry Potter series, hung out with my amazing friend, sewed a pear shaped purse (it is as adorable as it sounds!), witnessed the year's first snow (which made me quite happy), and did lots of other everyday things.

I had the best time in Nebraska, where I got to be with my (wonderful) aunt Patti and uncle Brian, and my fun cousins :) I did lots of crafting and cookie decorating with my aunt Patti, and pretty much just had a great time.
Ready to decorate cookies :)
This isn't even NEARLY all the cookies we decorated! I had lots of fun.

Now onto a recent project! My mom found an old cabinet door that she painted light blue and sanded slightly, then my dad glued cork into it, and this is how it turned out!
I lost no time in pinning lots of memories and pictures onto it :) I really love how it turned out! (Thanks, mom!)

The pear shaped purse that I made actually came in a kit that I won from a blog called Craft Passion. I love how it turned out, and one of the fabrics it is made of is the blogger's own design! It is adorable, and I plan on making more someday.
The only problem is, I don't know what to carry in it :)

Sadly, the year's first snow is melting, but I have NO doubts it will come back soon :) Luckily, Kyra got some really awesome snowy pictures! They are just too good to not share :)

So there you have it! A few of the things from my everyday life; crafts, winter, and family.... though, admittedly, going to Nebraska isn't part of my everyday life :)

Happy November!

Maddy

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative Maddy, I love that purse. :) I find that when I have extra bags I carry my stitching in them. Mostly I just cross stitch, so there isn't a whole lot of stuff to take with me.

    ReplyDelete